For optimal performance, we recommend applying a small amount of electrical tape to connect the two batteries together before installing them into the Stages Indoor power meter.
- Electrical Tape
- (2) New AA batteries
- Cut a strip of electrical tape approximately 1.5 inches (38mm).
- Hold the two AA batteries end to end, with the negative and positive ends touching.
- Carefully roll the batteries onto the tape until the tape wraps around the diameter of the batteries.
- Once wrapped, the batteries should be connected in the middle with the positive end showing on one end and the negative end showing on the other.
- Small Phillips head screwdriver
- (2) New AA batteries (prepared per above instructions)
To replace the power meter batteries:
- Open the battery door on the power meter by unscrewing the small screw that secures the battery compartment using a small Phillips screwdriver. After loosening the screw, the cover will hinge open.
- To remove existing batteries, rotate the crank into the downward position so that the batteries slide out.
- Insert the 2 new batteries with the positive side facing the pedal end of the crank arm, as seen in the attached diagram.
- Close the cover and hold into place.
- Secure the cover screw with a small Phillips head screwdriver.