Date: 1/13/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.2.1
Replaces Release #: v2.1.0
- Added warning countdown for the impending expiration of the Solo license.
Improvements made to the Solo analytics engine.
Added hidden network option for Solo Wi-Fi.
New home screen and corresponding background video.
Added QUICK START tutorial. Learn everything you need to know about power training while you warm-up.
New achievement awards for completing the QUICK START tutorial.
PIN code implemented allowing users to login and save workouts using their phone number and PIN.
- StagesFit Tutorial will switch to full screen mode immediately upon pressing the play button.
Background and tutorial videos can be downloaded from the Media Content Tab when they do not download automatically.
- Club Admins can no longer finish the setup process without an internet connection.
- The “Speed Test” button will not appear without an internet connection.
- The “We did it!” pop-up with updated FTP now appears after completing workout.
- The “Forget” button now appears on the “Network Name” pop-up window once connected to the network.
- All workouts save when user completes two or more workouts, and logs out from the “Workout Summary” screen.
- Pop-up window with network names appear as expected after the club admin selects the Wi-Fi icon.
- German special characters used in login now save.
- Videos in “Free Ride” now play from the beginning after stopping one video and selecting a new one.
- Volume slider for wired headphones is now able to reach maximum level.
- Solo rides for both registered and unregistered users now appear on the Solo Analytics page after the user ends the ride by using the “Quit and Save” or “Save” buttons.
******** Firmware Release History *******
Date: 5/13/19 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.1.0
Replaces Release #: v1.2.11
- New design for Solo tablet home page.
- Over-the-air (OTA) “Download Media Content” update, includes 8 new rides!
- Redesign of the ride category system: Stages COACH, Stages MIX, Stages BEATS, Fitness Tests.
- New Accuracy score as a percentage! The accuracy score now listed clearly on both Workout summary and new Your workout history page. The Accuracy score is a measure of the rider’s compliance with the ride profile as it compares to their FTP. Riders with a score of 85% or higher earn the over-achiever achievement.
New Your workout history page shows the last 30 days of rides and associated accuracy scores.
New Over-Achiever achievement badge and associated Top List on StagesFlight.com.
New “Core Content Download” button, available from the Club Admin settings, replaces the thumbnail images of the original 16 rides so they match the new designs of the downloadable content.
New ride overview bubble is visible while browsing through rides, select “Show More” to see ride description and details.
New live Watt readings, with lightning bolt symbol, added to the top center ride metrics.
- New Internet Indicator icon now shows on Wi-Fi menu within the Club Admin settings; green globe = connected to the internet, gray globe = not connected to internet, even if successfully connected to Wi-Fi.
Animated “Tap to Start” text on the screen saver, to prevent home screen burn-in.
"New feature" support text, has been translated to German and Spanish.
Stages Solo logo in the top left of the menu also serves as a permanent home button.
“FTP” in the menu is now called “Intensity Level/FTP” for clarification purposes.
Improved appearance of pop-up windows.
Live metrics now displayed on the top center of page.
Timer now displayed at the bottom, left-justified, with design improvements.
Heart Rate pairing selectability now only available from top menu, for design consistency.
Improved “Pedal to Continue” full-screen blocker.
- Network "Join" and "Forget" buttons now function the same in Club Admin settings and the set-up page.
- Paused Solo now returns to home screen and logs out the user after 3 minutes of inactivity and includes a warning count-down.
- Completed workouts immediately show in Workout summary and Your workout history.
- Interval time, Next Interval and Remaining timers now match on the last interval of ride.
Due to the redesigned ride category system it is imperative that installers/Club Admins ensure the download of media content,
specifically the 6 new rides in the Stages BEATS category, otherwise, the category will appear empty. Admins can download these new rides via the
“Download Media Content” feature in the Club Admin settings. We suggest that you do so toward the end of club business hours and ensure internet connectivity before starting download. After updating to 2.1.0 the Solo tablet will automatically download the rides during the first sleep cycle after updating. Default sleep cycles are midnight to 4:30 a.m. Clubs with slower internet connections may take 2-3 sleep cycles, 2-3 days, to download all 8 of the new rides.
If the new thumbnails for Stages BEATS rides are present, but the video does not play upon launch, then the video download has not yet
completed. Either choose “Download Media Content” from Club Admin or check back after the next sleep cycle.
After installing version 2.1.0, it is recommended that the Solo tablet be unplugged from power, for a clean reboot, before the first user rides on the updated software. After the clean reboot, please confirm that the power meter is still connected to the tablet in the power meter tab of the Club Admin settings.
Date: 4/8/19 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.2.11
Replaces Release #: N/A
- Support for Bluetooth Headphones.